Monday, January 2, 2012

Light a Candle...For my Spottie


Today is a sad day. It is so hard to believe that a year has passed since my beautiful Dalmatian, Spottie left this world. I might be all taped and glued back together, but will the giant hole that has taken up residence in my heart since January 2nd, 2011, ever dissipate? Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't, I know though that everyday that I had with Spottie was a gift that I was able to give her. She was more than a great dog. Not a day goes by that my heart does not go her. I will always miss Spottie and the joy that she gave to not only me, but the world. A few of my favorite Spottie memories are:
  • Spottie loved people and knew that people loved her in return. More times than I could count people would stop me and request to take pictures with her. She would proudly pose like a Hollywood star.
  • For the 2010 holiday I bought her antlers and thought that it would be a one time only wear. She would pull it out of her toy box, flip it in the air as though to say, 'I can't go anywhere with my special hat.'
  • She was trained to never go on concrete, but to find that small patch or grass or tree wherever that might be. During my holiday with Spottie at Century City Mall, she squatted under the giant Christmas tree and then proudly smiled as though to say, 'Didn't I do a good job!'
  • She was always ready to go for a bike ride or run. A run she did like the wind. 
  • She wouldn't leave my side when I was home. It seemed as though she would simply look at me and I would know exactly what she needed. I miss that stare.

Stories could go on and on and although her journey in life was short, her presence touched the hearts of countless souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment