Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year & Happy Birthday!!

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to ME!! I am all taped and glued back together and it is so hard to believe that a year has gone by so quickly. I am a year older, perhaps wiser, definitely stronger, maybe a little less glass half empty kind of girl, maybe not on the last one, but I am another year closer to being included in the Willard Scott's Smucker's Birthdays on The Today Show. I am more than happy and ready to close the door not only on 2011, but on being 28! This year has been filled with tears and heartache, false promises and disappointments, but 2011 also proved that I will prevail. I will try to remember the year 2011  as a reflection of my resilience, strength, and determination. One of my proudest moments of 2011 is setting in motion a goal that continues into 2012, which is promoting mental and physical health, running 13 half marathons in 13 months. This time next year, I don't want to have any regrets or heartache for that matter, but life is all about the little bumps and bruises along the way. I am embarking on a new outlook towards life or at least I will try to tip my glass in the other direction. As many of you may or may not know my middle name is Joy and I've  decided that 2012 is the "Year of Joy" and I hope that you will adopt this as your theme too. Whatever happens professionally, financially or personally it will not rob us of the joy that is this life. Go forth and be joyful!



No comments:

Post a Comment