Friday, September 30, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
The Challenge Races 2-6
- October 9, 2011 Long Beach International City Bank Half Marathon
- November 6, 2011 Santa Clarita Half Marathon
- December 11, 2011 Santa to The Sea Half Marathon
- January 29, 2012 Disneyland Inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon (I am SO excited for this race)
- February is quite the toss up...In an ideal world, keeping fingers and toes crossed I will be running in Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon on February 26, 2012. If the stars do not align I will either be running in the Run Surf City Half Marathon on February 5, 2012 or the Inaugural Rock and Roll Pasadena Half Marathon on February 19, 2012. Time will tell.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Let me start with this was a very long day. It started out with me getting in my run really early in the morning. I knew that I had no choice, but to run if I wanted to go with my friend to the USC Trojans football game. Now that I am home I can really feel it that my legs they are really tired! I am trying really hard to stick to a consistent running schedule and make sure that I don’t skip any more runs. I feel that as of lately I am very good at coming up with excuses or reasons not to get complete my run for the day. It’s too hot out is a great excuse of mine especially since I live in Santa Monica approximately 9 blocks from the ocean I mean seriously how hot does it actually get? Another great excuse is that I am too tired or my watch & iPod are not fully charged. I guess that it is a lot easier to come up with excuses to simply not run. From here on out I have decided that I am changing my mindset, there will be no more excuses on why not to run, but why I should run and all of the benefits it sends my way.
I am not sure what was more fun exploring the library at USC where Felicity was filmed or the actual football game? It is quite the toss up especially if you are a Felicity fan. My friend showed me the library that is shown in during Season 1 episode 9, Finally. We explored the stacks, the room with Dewey Decimal System, which I have vague memories of ever using, and the main library where they sat and tried to study though Noel became a maniac from the ‘Smart Powder’ from Meghan. Yes I know that I am getting off track about my day, but I thought that it was pretty cool. Anyway the actual football was great and there was even a beautiful Andalusian gelding horse, Traveler VII, who has even been on the cover of Vogue magazine. Though I understood most of the game and who had possession of the ball, I can’t provide much information on the actual game except that they won! Go Trojans! I did a lot of walking and my legs are definitely tired, but I had a great day and am grateful that my friend had invited me to go to the game.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
With sweat on my brow and achievement in my heart I can proudly say that I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon 2011. To top it off, thanks to Flick, more about him later, after my pre-race dinner I saw Ryan Gosling going into California Adventure and onto Soaring!
- Pre-Race dinner at Storytellers was an quite experience. I started out like every meal that I have had there, I ordered the kids salmon, perfect portion and it is delicious! I ate most of my dinner and went to eat the last piece of broccoli on my plate and saw a green bug still moving and nestled into that last piece. YUCK!!! My family and I fondly named the bug Flick and will probably laugh about it for years to comes. Though I plan on returning to that restaurant as they handled the situation with the utmost respect and compensation, what a disgusting last meal prior to the race.
- The next biggest OMG situation was my $400 Garmin 610, which promptly froze at the just as I was crossing the start line and I had a run gadgetless. This was very annoying as I am meticulous and love to analyze each and every run. Unfortunately I will not be able to do so with this race.
- Major GI issues during the last few miles which slowed me down, but did not stop me from crossing that finish line.