Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thursday's Uphill Battle...

Thursday's run might not have been a huge confidence upper, but at least I know that I will be able to complete next weekend's Tinkerbell Half Marathon. I have been having major GI issues while running so I have to admit that I am nervous about next weekends race. GI issues honestly messes with your self-confidence and has caused me hit the emotional and mental wall hard. I understand that with time and better control of my GI issues I will be able to knock down and break through this new wall. Yes I had to stop twice during a 5 mile run to go to the bathroom, but I was able to keep on going I did not give in to my stomach or allow it to dictate how many miles I should run. Besides being lucky to find not only one bathroom, but two bathrooms was amazing, but the success of Thursday night's run was that I completed my goal. Perhaps in life it is not about where you are going, but the journey along the way that counts. Wherever you go there you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment