Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Run

Another day, another run under my belt, though I don't wear belts not even a running belt with water. I felt accomplished after today's run and feel that I will be ready for the October 9 Long Beach International City Bank Half Marathon. Prior to deciding upon running in this race I was vacillating between this race and the Camarillo Half Marathon. Call me crazy, but after reading a disclaimer on the race page stating the following, 'It is the athletes responsibility to know the entire course prior to stepping onto the starting line.' I don't know about you, but this kind of made me nervous. I could see it now people with flash lights looking for a lost runner named Melissa. I just want to be able to go to a race and not have to worry about thinking such thoughts as do I turn right or left? Besides this major deterrence I happen to think that a medal a with a palm tree and a light house will go nicely with my 2006 Rock and Roll Phoenix Half Marathon Medal of a cactus. Maybe I should start running in races where the medals have different trees and plants. Crazy? Well its just a thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment