Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon

Only 8 more races and 104.8 more miles to go, plus all the training miles in between! I can now officially cross race number 5 off of my list. My favorite booth at the Tinkerbell expo was the ABC booth. I was able to spin a wheel to win a prize and I won a super cute Pan Am bag! I am now the proud owner of a new race gear bag!!





On Sunday, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. for the race; yes I know that the race started 5:45 a.m.!  Thankfully the start and finish line was right outside my hotel! Which was great except for the fact that they decided to test the loud speakers at 1:00 a.m., not great planning on Disney’s end, why couldn’t they test it the night before? It was surprisingly really dark the first 2 miles and the sunrise coming up on Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty’s castle was gorgeous.  Having the opportunity to run right down the middle of Main Street made all the miles and sweat in between well worth it.  I love this course and it was a refreshing change from the Disneyland Half Marathon course. The course ran through Disneyland, the city of Anaheim and California Adventure.  Once inside Disneyland, there were a ton of photo opportunities.  I typically do not stop, but this time around I had to stop for all of them! I even stopped to pet a Dalmatian during the race. I have a weakness for Dalmatians and not even a time clock stop me from visiting with this dog. While running I spent some time with The Marathon Show and discussed 13 Going on Crazy! Being a participant in The Inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon was an amazing experience. As soon as the race opens for 2013 I am signing up! As always the Disney magic was present from the expo to the race. Disney, truly has the best races under the sun.

Did you run the Tinkerbell Half Marathon this past weekend?  If so, please comment below and tell me your opinion on the expo/race especially if you have run in other RunDisney events!

5 comments:

  1. Just saw your great video..tutu looked great!! So excited I decided to get one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing a tutu was the best decision EVER!! I can't wait to take it out for a run again!! Though it most likely has to been another Disney race! I think that I might get some stares if I was wearing it a Rock N Roll event!!

      Delete
  2. What an inspiration you are. What a wonderful way for you to achieve your dreams, truly magnificent and inspiring to all those who also have hopes and desires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! Happy to see the photo I took of you along the course made the video!
    I am a big fan of the Disney expo. There are always so many vendors! And I love how organized the packet pick up is!
    The race was a blast! Such an early call time but definitely a great run since it truly is at the happiest place on earth. I did the Disneyland 1/2 in September and it was a great time but I must say I really enjoy the Tinkerbell 1/2 course! Disney races are so amazing with people cheering along the course the whole time, I especially liked The Red Hat Ladies cheering! Such a great run at Disney despite the high registration prices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was running behind you around mile 12!

    ReplyDelete