Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Couple gets married running New York Marathon

With this run, I thee wed...Runners Mary Martin and Raymond Donaldson got married this past weekend in the midst of the NYC Marathon. Talk about a runaway bride. While friends and family cheered them on at mile 22 an actual marriage took place. "We met running so we thought it would be appropriate," Mary said after introducing herself to a sports announcer as Mary Donaldson. This might not have been the traditional wedding, but the bride was wearing white and the groom was in a tux. What more could you ask for? Even the officiant was an Iron Man Minister. I wish that this couple lives a long, happy, active life together.

This brings me hope that one day I too will meet someone possibly even while running! Until that day comes I will continue to quote my favorite SATC girl, Charlotte York, "I've been dating since I was 15. I'm exhausted! Where is he?"

No comments:

Post a Comment