Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Art of Setting Goals

I'm back...yes yes I know I stated almost a year ago that I was aiming to run 13 half marathons in 13 months and yes I did not reach that goal or even come close. Pst here is a little secret the times are changing and my shoes are kicking and screaming they miss those long runs early in the morning getting ready for the ultimate challenge. So my questions is why is it so difficult to set and stick to goals? Here is the game plan...I will start my challenge September 4th at the Disneyland Half marathon. Then on to the Walt Disney World Wine and Dine Half Marathon October 1. November and Decembers races is still a little sketchy. January reflects new beginnings all around as I am a New Years Baby and I always find this month to be filled with optimisum...new year, another year older, and the very exciting brand new Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon on January 29th!! I am strapping on not only my running shoes but fairy wings for this race. My theory on goal setting is get SMART...I established a Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and my goals are Time-Targeted. Wish me luck and I look forward to seeing you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment