Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why I Love Run Disney

As a child I took my first steps in Walt Disney World, so it is very fitting that I love running especially with RunDisney.

The half marathon...13.1 grueling miles. The first time I even considered attempting this unthinkable challenge I had recently graduated college and was living in a new city. Looking back now, I suppose I had no idea what I was getting myself in to.

Let me just put this out there...I was not a runner, and sort of still don't consider myself a "runner" but I did the training and signed up to run in the Disneyland Half Marathon. That was my first experience with the half marathon.

I have completed 5 so far...some running the entire thing, some walking the entire thing, and some doing both and with each passing race I grow to love it even more. You sit down at your computer and sign up and pay for this race. You analyze the course, study your training plans, and mark up your calendar with the new training schedule. Most of all you make a commitment to yourself and no matter how you cross that finish line, for me I always say, “I don’t care if I walk it, run it, crawl it, I am the 1% of the population that completed such a fete.’...For me, keeping that commitment to myself is so gratifying.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that I am so lucky to running yet another RunDisney race and I have kept that commitment to myself. Let me leave you with one more thought...18 MORE DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment