Saturday, March 17, 2012

Am I Goofy?

Please pinch me...Am I crazy or am I just plain old goofy for even considering running the 2013 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge. For those of you that have never heard of this race let me break it down and get you up to speed. This is a 39.3 mile adventure held over two days in Walt Disney World. Runners will run the Half Marathon on Saturday, followed by the Marathon on Sunday. As interested in this race, I however have never ran in a marathon. As you might have already figured out, I love to set lofty goals for myself...I come from the school go big or go home! I guess with this I am definitely going big! I am scared to death of this idea, but according to Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it." With that said, perhaps if I am already dreaming about this race it must mean that YES I can do it! 

Take a look at last years bling...Mickey Medal if you complete the marathon, Donald Medal if you complete the half marathon, yes the coveted Goofy medal if you complete both the half and the full marathon! They are just screaming, "PLEASE WEAR ME PROUDLY AROUND YOUR NECK!!" 

Any recommendations or suggestions? Should I do this as my first full marathon? 


2 comments:

  1. I just dont understand why they dont offer the "dopey" medal...if you do the half, the full and the 5k :) now, that would be something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now my wheels are spinning...Should I do the 5k as well? Perhaps go big or go home must imply that I should be adding the 5K to my WDW weekend! Dopey it is!! We should petition RunDisney to create a medal for completing all 3 running events.

      Delete