Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You Could Never Have Too Many Goals...

Recently the idea of participating in a Sprint Distance Triathlon was planted in my head. Like the Tea Cups at Disneyland, the idea just keeps on spinning round and round in my head. All the while this idea is spinning inside my head, out of the blue my Mother announced that she would like to make it her personal goal to be healthy and strong enough participate in The Danskin Triathlon this October 2012. With this news I knew that a Mother-Daughter Triathlon was in order! We both have had health issues this winter so when my mother discussed her goal with me, I knew that I too needed to get myself back to the old me and be a stronger healthier version. What better way to motivate regaining ones health and maintaining a healthier lifestyle than training for such an event. 

The Danskin Triathlon Series has eight Races throughout the country. It is the largest women and girls Series in the sport. Sprint distance triathlons (1⁄2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run) that empower women by challenging them in a motivational, supportive, and safe setting with “cheerleaders” every step of the way. Select Races offer a Super Sprint distance option. Participation can be on an individual or Relay Team basis – making them even more first-timer friendly.

Be a part of something bigger than yourself. With eight Races throughout the country there’s no reason not to TRI! We want to help women to get moving. Our “women empowering other women” mentality combined with doable Race distances makes our events extremely first-timer friendly. 

In the spirit of “paying it forward” the Series supports the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and Team Survivor nationally; as well as a local food bank and women’s shelter in each of our Race cities.

All I know is this looks like it is three times the fun of a 5k and my Mom and I are in!! Grab your Mothers, Sisters, Aunts, and BFFS and let's Tri to get healthy!

Check out The Danskin Triathlon Series at www.danskintriathlon.net.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment